SFP+ and SFP
1. SFP and SFP+ appearance of the same size;
2. SFP protocol norms: IEEE802.3, SFF-8472;
SFP+ and XFP
1. SFP+ and XFP are 10G fiber modules, and with other types of 10G modules can be interoperable;
2. Because of the smaller size of the SFP+ signal modulation function, serial/solver, MAC, clock and data Recovery (CDR), as well as electronic
The dispersion compensation (EDC) function is moved from the module to the motherboard card;
3. XFP compliance with the Agreement: XFP MSA Agreement;
4. SFP+ compliance with the agreement: IEEE 802.3ae, SFF-8431, SFF-8432;
5. SFP+ is the more mainstream design.
1. SFP+ has a more compact shape than X2 and XFP package (the same size as SFP);
2. Can be directly connected with the same type of XFP,X2,XENPAK; 3, the cost is lower than XFP,X2,XENPAK products.