1、The Information of Fiber optic patch cord
Fiber optic patch cord ( another name is fiber jumper ) The both ends of the cable connector plug, used to achieve optical road activity connection; One end with a plug is called optical fiber pigtails .
Fiber optic patch cord（Optical Fiber Patch Cord/Cable)
Similar to coaxial cable, except without mesh shielding. The center is the glass core of light propagation.
Multi Mode Fiber ，The diameter of the core is 50μm~65μm，but the diameter of core’s Single Mode is 8μm~10μm。The core is surrounded by a glass envelope with a lower refractive index than the core to keep the fiber in the core. On the outside is a thin plastic coat to protect the envelope.
2、The Type of Patch Cord
There have Single Mode and Multi Mode .
As connector ：FC、SC、ST、LC、MTRJ、MPO、MU、SMA、E2000、DIN4、D4 and so on 。Common of patch cord have FC-FC、FC-SC、FC-LC、FC-ST、SC-SC、SC-ST and so on。
Single-mode Fiber：General optical fiber jumper with yellow, connector and protective cover for blue; The transmission distance is longer.
(Multi-mode Fiber：General optical fiber jumper with orange, some with gray, connector and protection apply beige or black; The transmission distance is short.
3、Matters needing attention in using fiber optic jumper
The transmitting and receiving wavelength of the optical module at both ends of the fiber jumper must be the same, that is to say, both ends of the optical fiber must be the optical module of the same wavelength. The simple way to distinguish is that the color of the optical module should be the same.
Generally, the short-wave light module USES multi-mode fiber (orange fiber) and the long-wave light module USES single-mode fiber (yellow fiber) to ensure the accuracy of data transmission.
Optical fiber should not be excessively bent or wound in use, which will increase the attenuation of light during transmission.
Fiber optic jumper must be used to protect the fiber connector with a protective sleeve, dust and oil will damage the coupling of the fiber. If the fiber optic connector is dirty, you can use cotton swab to clean it with alcohol, otherwise it will affect the communication quality.
1. Before use, the ceramic core and end face of the fiber jumper must be wiped clean with alcohol and cotton wool.
2. When in use, the minimum bending radius of the fiber is less than 30mm.
3. Protect the plug and the end face of the plug to prevent collision and pollution.
4. Do not look directly at the end face of the optical fiber when the laser signal is transmitted.
5. Replace the damaged fiber jumper in time when man-made and other irresistible factors are damaged.
6. Read the manual carefully before installation, and conduct installation and debugging under the guidance of the engineer of the manufacturer or dealer.
7. In case of any abnormal situation in the optical fiber network or system, the fault elimination method can be adopted to test one by one. When testing or eliminating the fault of the jumper, the on/off test can be done first. Usually, visible laser pointer can be used to light and judge the whole optical fiber link. Or further use the precision fiber insert loss and loss instrument to test its various indicators. If the indicators are within the qualified range, the jumper indicates normal; otherwise, it is unqualified.
4. Characteristics of fiber optic jumper
1. Low insertion loss
2. Good repeatability
3. Large return loss
4. Good interplug performance
5. Good temperature stability
6. Strong tensile property
5. Application of fiber optic jumper
Fiber optic jumper products are widely used in: communication room, fiber to home, local area network, fiber optic sensor, fiber optic communication system, fiber optic connection transmission equipment, defense readiness, etc. Suitable for cable TV network, telecommunication network, computer optical fiber network and optical testing equipment. The subdivision is mainly applied in several aspects.
1. Optical fiber communication system
2. Optical fiber access network
3. Optical fiber data transmission
4. Optical fiber CATV
5. Local area network (LAN)
6. Test equipment
7. Fiber optic sensor